Sponsored Link

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

WEP Cracking Without the Basics

Submitted by Blueberry -

Actual post in a popular Asus Eee PC users forum -

"Hi!

I'm trying to figure out how to crack my own encryption key (just for fun) on my EEE PC, but just about every single program I try, has some kind of error, or I am too much of a newbie to figure it out. Backtrack 3 doesn't work, kismet has an error, as well as aircrack(-ng) and airsnort. I have NO IDEA what I'm doing wrong, but if someone can PLEASE give me a nice tutorial on how to use ANY wep cracker supported by the EEE PC, that would be WONDERFUL!

Thanks!!!

(P.S. these sites say something about a wireless card, is that built-in???)"

---------

We really don't know if the post was meant to be a joke or a true case of a newbie trying to do something without learning his/her 1010101s but it did make us smile.:)

0 comments: