Sponsored Link

Saturday, July 7, 2007

The Asus Eee PC 701 as a writng tool

My on-line search on any info on the Asus Eee's power supply led me to this lively discussion over at Flickr Groups on AlphaSmart (a laptop being pushed as a school unit and as a writing tool) and other comparable subnotes, including, of course, the Asus Eee.

One post pertinent to my search -

view photos

paleo_paul says:

"There is one significant specification that never seems to be mentioned -- the weight of the wired connection between the computer and the power source for recharging. This may not be so important with a 15" or 17" laptop, but with these two-pounders it could be quite significant.

For instance, if someone could come up with the ability to recharge by using simply a wire (rather than a wired brick) that would make a big difference in portability.

That reduction in weight would be a lot more significant to me than battery life because away-from-home I'd be doing any serious writing on my Neo, not on the little Internet-capable computer. A battery life of only an hour or two would not be a big problem for me.

I have noted, incidentally, that battery life is greatly shortened when one is on the Internet with WiFi. On my Dell laptop, I can't even get two full hours of use when on WiFi. When not on WiFi, battery life is much longer."

Well, that is good insight. But bottom line, still no info on the dimensions, weight, and specifications of the Asus Eee's brick.

0 comments: