Sponsored Link

Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Asus Hong Kong Resellers Have No News on Asus Eee

I was in Hong Kong last week and made the rounds of Asus resellers in the Wan Chai Computer Center. Of course, (against logic) I inquired about the Asus Eee. I was expecting to get, at the very minimum, expected delivery dates. But to my surprise most of the resellers aren't even aware of the Asus Eee. One guy knew about it but whatever info he has he got it from the Net.

Since resellers typically get advanced info on new product deliveries to facilitate purchase orders, this makes me wonder - if the Asus Eee will be available in Hong Kong at product launch in September (which is next month), how come the dealers aren't even aware of the product by this time? Something tells me even a mid-October launch seems optimistic.

0 comments: