Sponsored Link

Thursday, August 23, 2007

Is the Asus EEE PC's 800×480 enough?

A blogger recently posted in his (or is it her?) blogsite, Noneus.de the results of his attempt to simulate the Asus Eee Pc's 800 x 480.

"I just made a new Archlinux installation on a virtual machine. The purpose was to test 800×480. The resolution of the 7″ EEE. I used XFCE since its light weight and you can make everything really small. Another important thing is the Gtk+ theme. I used Aurora-compact. You need the newest (1.2) version of the Aurora engine for this theme. For firefox I used an extension (Tiny Menu) and a theme (miniFOX) to make it small. The rest of the apps you see are unchanged.

As you can see the resolution is really small. Especially for OpenOffice. Probably removing most of the toolbars in OpenOffice would help. All the other apps are fine on 800×480. One thing bugs me though. A lot of websites require at least 1024..."

Screenshots follow.











0 comments: