Sponsored Link

Friday, February 1, 2008

Asus Eee PC Long-Term Review

Gizmodo has a long term review of the Asus Eee PC with the official verdict being the honeymoon is over. Major comments include:

Screen: 10" preferred.

Bugs: OS just never feels stable.

Memory: The 512MB of RAM isn't enough given the inefficiency of the OS's memory management.

Wi-Fi: Subpar performance is biggest annoyance.

Conclusions: Not sure that the Eee is a "don't buy." At this point the love affair is over and the Asus Eee PC, as important as it may be for the market, is a glorious "miss" in its current state.

--------

Hmmm. Personally I feel the 7" screen is adequate. Not ideal but adequate. WiFi works for me steadily, be it at home, or at public hotspots. 512MB is also sufficient for me but then I rarely multi-task. Maybe a browser in the background at most. The OS has been stable enough, too.

Reading the review made me wonder if I had the same unit. But then, I never took my Eee PC on a honeymoon with me. It was more like - Hey, we gotta work now - relationship from the start. Of course, that does not mean I don't love my Eee PC. I loved it at first sight. And still do. :)

0 comments: