Sponsored Link

Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Asus Eee PC's RAM, Flash NOT upgradeable?

According to Eeeuser member allasus in a post dated Sept 5:

...Asus has no plans to bring the $199 version to the US. In an email from Asus this morning, Donald tells me that the 256/512 memory is embedded as is the 2/4 Gb flash storage meaning they are NOT user-replaceable as people keep speculating. Be careful when looking at the specs outside the US - even in Canada (we've seen differences in the past and could not get those units). Linux will be installed on the flash storage module (2/4 Gb) but may be changed to XP by the user (through a USB storage device, presumably). The machine will play any type of video files: WMA/AVI/MPEG specifically (people have been asking me about this). I don't know if any of this is helpful but I thought I would pass it on. We're still waiting on info regarding optional batteries. The target release is still the end of September but I've been through this before with Asus and I know how weeks can turn into months...

----------

Allasus is connected with online reseller www.allasus.com.

0 comments: