Sponsored Link

Thursday, November 15, 2007

Load OSX 10.5 Leopard on the eeePC

Submitted by reader Jon Bradford -

From Uneasysilence via downloadsquad -

img_0114.jpg


"So, ever since I got the eeePC I’ve loved how easy it is to tinker with. Since I’m not a Linux guy, I dumped the Xandros preload and opted for Windows XP so I could you my EVDO USB datacard and blogging software easier, but I wondered could I install OSX on it? And, after trial and error - you can!

The only problem is that the eeePC only supports SSE2 instead of the SSE3 that Leopard is coded for. Kinda a bummer, and will require some extra tinkering to coax the OS on the eeePC. Thankfully Adam’s awesome tutorial over at Lifehacker provided an excellent foundation on how to do these hacks..."

The article then continues with straightforward easy-to-follow instructions. Complete instructions are here.

0 comments: