Sponsored Link

Monday, December 8, 2008

First View Electronics Windows CE netbooks

More EPCs (low-cost Windows CE/embedded Linux-based netbooks), this time from First View Electronics -




The bottom two models, PC701 and PC703, are Windows CE-based netbooks with non-Intel processors.

Specs for PC701 -

Feature
-7 inch Digital LCD screen,VGA 800*480 pixels.
-Linux OS or Windows CE
-Processor: XBurst 336 MHz 32-bit Processor
-ROM: 512MB ~16GB Nand Flash
-RAM: 128MB
-2 x USB 2.0
-Input Device: Keyboard and Touch Pad
-Network Access: Ethernet 10/100M , built-in WiFi 802.11b/g , CDMA & GPRS (through optional Express Card)
-Support SD/MMC card.
-Support .mp3 .wma .wav .wmv .asf .avi .mpg .mpeg .mp2 .mp4 .mov.
-Built-in 32bit CPU, with high processing power but low energy consumption

Specs for PC703 -

-7 inch Digital LCD screen,VGA 800*480 pixels.
- Windows CE 5.0
-CPU: Z228
-Processor: Jade 532MHz 32-bit Processor
-ROM: 512MB ~2GB
-RAM:128MB
-3 x USB2.0
-Input Device: 80pcs Keyboard and Touch Pad
-Network Access: Ethernet 10/100M , built-in WiFi 802.11b/g
CDMA & GPRS (through optional Express Card)
-Built-in Mic / Stereo Speaker
-Support SD/MMC card
-Support .mp3 .wma .wav .wmv .asf .avi .mpg .mpeg .mp2 .mp4 .mov
-Built-in 32bit CPU, with high processing power but low energy consumtion
- All kinds of Xiptech application software packages
- Internet surfing, information searching and news reading
-Instant online: Skype / MSN / QQ
- Movie and music downloading and enjoying
- Flash movies and games
- All types of games simulation

5 comments:

Nathan Dion said...

I have a PC703, I picked up on Ebay. I need help. I want to use activesync or something to add and remove programs, can't seem to get it to work. You stated in the specs it supports flash, if that is the case I am a happy camper, but can't get it to install. Says not compatible. I am running windows CE. I also would like to change browsers to Chrome or Firefox or whatever. Any info you can offer would be appreciated. I am on the blog so email or blog me if you can. thanks.

xujiren said...

Hi Nathan,

Unfortunately we don't have a unit to explore with. Have you tried emailing First View? - http://www.efirstview.com/support/en/info.asp?sortid=1?

Hope they can be of help.

Nathan Dion said...

Thanks, will do. I have been on google non stop trying to find support info. I got a usb connector cable and it won't recognize it. I will email the support team at the link you gave me. It is a nice little model if I can get a way to add and remove apps. At least I have another venue to explore. Thanks again.

xujiren said...

Hi Nathan,

Like so many other brandless inexpensive gadgets from China, the PC703 has the potential to be an affordable, actually useful device. Unfortunately most of the times, after-sales support is non-existent and consumers are left to their own to figure things out. Fact is, we have so many cheap models collecting dust on our shelves. Very cheap and totally useless. Most of the times, we use them for parts in various experiments.

Tip on the USB connector - from our experience, a lot of USB ends actually vary in size. Meaning some will fit perfectly, some will be too tight to go in, and some will be too loose. Obviously if they are too loose, you won't get any connection at all.

Nathan Dion said...

Thanks for the insight. You are totally right on the after market support. Page after page is either taken down or not working that has any reference to this model. The USB is a 2.0 i believe and it recognizes a basic flash drive of the same size, but the pc to pc connector isnt working and neither is an Ethernet cable (pc to pc). I believe it is a software thing.I dunno. Wish I could put a different OS on it, but I am sure if I reset the device I won't be able to locate replacement drivers. I emailed the support from the link you posted, see what I get there. All I want is to get flash player working for FB apps and youtube. Then I am golden. But tried to install direct and get a incompatible error message. Further research and I learned using CE you need a host PC to do the install. So I got Microsoft Active Sync(which was listed to be for that purpose) but like I said they don't recognize each other. :-(