Sponsored Link

Wednesday, January 23, 2008

My Asus Eee PC has a Little Flex

As I expected I often bring my Asus Eee PC with me whenever I go out. Most of the times, I place it inside by Targus backpack (meant for a 15”) since I also bring the AC adapter, a mouse, several USB drives, and one or two cameras. The times I travel lighter, I put it in a messenger bag with multiple partitions. It goes into the middle for additional protection.

And there are times, I just hold it like a book while walking to the neighborhood Starbucks simply because I had inadvertently picked it up along with some white 3-ring binders.

By no means do I subject it to abuse or hard use, even though I tend to regard it as a “throwaway,” relatively speaking.

But lately, I have started to notice that whenever I hold the unit in my hand, there seems to be some flex, as if I can twist it a bit. It appears something inside has loosened ever so slightly. However, from the outside, there is no visible trace whatsoever. Performance is also not affected.

But the flex continues to bother me as it might be a sign of worse things to come. I guess only time and more usage will tell.

0 comments: