Sponsored Link

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Toshiba mini NB205




Laptop Mag has a review of the Toshiba NB205, a netbook with rather common specs (10.1" 1024 x 600 screen, 1.66 Ghz Atom N280, 1GB RAM, 160GB HD, Windows XP Home) but with an 8.5 hour long battery, a beautiful chassis, spacious keyboard and touchpad and a competitive $399 price.

Basically the pros, in addition to those stated above are hard drive protection and the ability of the USB port to charge devices even when the unit is off.

The downside is the large display bezel and the long boot time.

Laptop Mag's assessment? Toshiba’s entry into the U.S. netbook market soars past the competition with a stunning design, stellar keyboard, and the longest battery life of any netbook to date.

You can read the entire review here.

1 comments:

SpinningCompass said...

I chose the Toshiba NB205 over the offerings from Dell, Samsung, Acer, and Asus. I'm glad I did. The keyboard, touchpad, and screen are excellent. The computer runs Ubuntu pretty well, too. I'm very happy with this computer. VirtualBox enables me to continue to use iTunes and my iPod; Linux (Ubuntu) does the rest.